Saturday, 29 July 2017
Tuesday, 25 July 2017
Making what you have work better: IBM DB2 for i SQL Performance Monitoring, Analysis and Tuning Workshop, IBM South Bank, 14-16 November 2017: not to be missed!
Mike Cain, of the IBM Labs, Rochester, Minnesota, a long term good friend of i-Community, will be coming to IBM South Bank on the 14th, 15th and 16th November to run his fabulous “IBM DB2 for i SQL Performance Monitoring, Analysis and Tuning Workshop”.
This workshop will ensure that those staff using SQL will understand the impact of doing it right and wrong and understand the best practice methodology for using SQL and the supporting tools to write efficient and performant code.
I attended this course myself in 2009 and cannot praise it too highly.
The agenda includes:
· Introduction to DB2 for i Query Optimizer and Database Engine
· Database engine methods for data access and data processing
· Indexing and Statistics strategies
· SQL application design and programming best practices
· Behaviour of static SQL and dynamic SQL
· Best practices for popular SQL interfaces, such as CLI, ODBC and JDBC
· Parallel database processing - DB2 Symmetric Multiprocessor (SMP)
· State of the art tools, including System i Navigator Performance Centre
If you are interested, drop me an email at email@example.com and I will put you in touch with the course organisers.